Luke 10:41-42

"But the Lord answered her, 'Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing.'"

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Third Time's a Charm

But at least this time, the blog I started still exists!

Yes, it's been 10 months since I last posted. In the meantime, I set up and dismantled 2 classrooms in a new school, moved twice myself, and got married, so the blog was put on the back back burner.

But hopefully I'm going to have more free time to post, so I'm hoping I can get into a routine of writing; I'm inspired by my dear friend at http://beanonparade.blogspot.com.

Not only is it summer and school's out, but my new hubby and I decided that I'm not going to work full-time in the fall. It's been frustrating this semester to try and keep things together at home and at work, so we're hoping that I'll be able to take better care of everything with more time at home, and be less stressed doing it.

The morning of day one this plan sounds great. Right now it's like any another summer. We'll see how I'm doing come August. We both feel this is where God is leading us, but the thought of a lot of free time makes me a little nervous. I pray that my time will be filled with rest and I will respond to what God wants me to do and not just give myself tasks so I feel productive.

One of the routines I want to get into is going to Mass during the week. The gospel I heard today from John 16 says, "But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you in all truth." The reflection I read from Archbishop Luis Martinez really speaks to my hope for this transition:

"As the artist is not content with explaining to his pupil the secrets of art, but takes the uncertain hand of the beginner, and gently but firmly moves and guides it in order that the beauty of his ideal may be expressed on the canvas, even thus does the Holy Spirit takes our faculties and move and guide them, so firmly that they do not stray, and at the same time so gently that our activities continue to be vital, spontaneous, and free."

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back!! That's exciting news. There will be some unique opportunities come up that you will be free to offer your strengths to. That is a beautiful quote. Look forward to hearing these thoughts and processings of yours!
    -Larka :)

    ReplyDelete