Luke 10:41-42

"But the Lord answered her, 'Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing.'"

Thursday, November 13, 2014

First Week

At this time last week we were headed home from the birthing center with our SON!  November 6 was a whirlwind day.

I woke up to my alarm, set to get ready for an early morning at work but instead starting having contractions.  My doula arrived around 8 and by 9:30 we left for the birthing center, my husband saying Hail Marys the whole way up.  My 10:31 I was holding a baby, in shock that it was already over, given the munchkin had me in labor for a full day.  Then we decided to check the sex of the baby and were in even more shock to find out the sonographer was wrong back in July.  Fortunately my doula is expecting a son and lives a few minutes away from the birthing center so she lent us some clothes so the little guy didn't have to go home in a Daddy's Girl sleeper.  After skin to skin time, stitches, lunch, a fabulous herbal bath and multiple checking of the baby's vitals we were headed home, 5 hours after birth as expected.  I am so grateful that God answered my prayers for this delivery experience.  It has been so nice to recover at home.

I am loving being a hermit, watching Netflix that isn't Daniel Tiger (currently watching an Anthony Bourdain series), not wearing any makeup, and staying in pajamas all day.  My mom and husband have been wonderful help and big sister is adjusting really well and loves her baby brudder.  Friends and family have been super generous, buying and sharing TONS of clothes, bringing meals, and sending flowers.

Our little man is an easy baby, as long as he's fed he's happy, but once he decides he's hungry I've got about 2 seconds before he turns tomato red!  Nursing has been going well overall but I forgot how tiring it is to do it so frequently.  I'm taking advantage of the extra help to get a nap in during the day. My hubby and I are so much more relaxed this time around; taking care of someone so small really does come back to you like my friends said it would.  Continue to keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment